Much of the success of a recovery comes from you. You aren't just recovering while you're here with a provider, you are reaching recovery throughout your everyday life. Forms of meditation and journal keeping can go a long way to help you do this. Finding your spiritual "center" can help your healing and recovery process as you sink into a deep relaxation and contentment. The self awareness you gain from meditation will help you become more in tune with yourself and your surroundings. Just 10-15 minutes of meditation or journaling a day can help you relax, feel more centered, and feel better about yourself. You'll be surprised at just how much mentally and physically rejuvenated you feel after meditating.
How can meditation help you free yourself from dependency?
1. Meditation teaches you how to relax deeply and qualitatively without drugs, including alcohol.
2. Meditation has an antidepressant effect.
3. Meditation improves your willpower and the skill on controlling your attention.
4. Meditation develops awareness.
5. Meditation teaches you to accept your inner silence.
6. Meditation helps you get to know and change yourself.
7. Meditation frees you from painful attachments.
Below are some ideas on meditations and journaling you can begin with, YouTube also has a plethora of great guided meditations, many of which are specific toward healing: